Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Welcome to my adventures in hand quilting. I am Progressing slowly on my hubby's quilt. I must admit, this homespun is a bear to work with.
I apologize for the picture quality it looks fine on my viewer and editor but transfers grainy.


This fabric stretches, snags, frays and shifts easily. The pattern is sort of a rail fence option but a simpler lay out.

 

I either cut wrong or my 1/4 inch seam was way off as the blocks came out rectangle instead of square. Rather than take them all apart I chose to trim them even after sewing into rows.  This has slowed down the piecing considerably. Hope the quilt police don't catch me, LOL

 
Two rows sewn together.

 
My goal is to finish this top this week so my friend Kathi and I can start quilting it. I will update at the end of the week.
 
 
Have a Blessed Day
 
Debbie
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment