Monday, March 10, 2014

Good Monday Morning

 
Good Monday Morning. It is a beautiful day in Sunny Florida and I am looking forward to some quilting. I have finally finished the piecing and bought the backing fabric for my hubby's quilt.


 
The fabric is thin and the sun was bright so the colors show very light. As you can see I had to throw in a little bright blue to liven up those dark colors. There is even a little thread of sparkle in that blue. Hubby likes those fall colors and I like bright summer colors. But this is his quilt so I picked fall colors and added some not to bright blue. He also picked the pattern and style of fabric, Home Spun Plaids.
 
 
Our granddaughter, Kaitlyn peeking over the quilt.
 


Our other Granddaughter Jada. She loves having her picture taken, can you tell? She is holding up an unfinished quilt top I purchased on Ebay for less than $20, score!

Now these are my colors!
 
This quilt makes me smile. I like simple, modern patterns in my personal quilts.
My friend over at Design Originals by KC suggested I hang it on a wall to cheer me until I get to quilting it. I think that is a great idea.
 
Until next time, Happy Quilting!
 
Debbie
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment