Friday, May 23, 2014

Horses and Flowers

 

Horses and Flowers

 
 
These are the micro wave bowl cozies I made for the Festival in Pierson Florida.

 
The Festival was held to promote and raise money for a new rescue horse farm.

 
Made some soft glass cases to sell too.
 

 
The day was a bust :( for my sister and I. We made a whopping $8. The Horses fared much better. The booth rental and food vender money went to the non profit so all was not a loss. I do fear no venders will return for the next one. This was the first year for them and they were not very organized or experienced at promotion and advertisement.
 
I will be selling the eyeglass cases and bowl cozies on my Etsy and Ebay sites as soon as I get the time to list them. My shop name on Etsy is "Daytona Damsel" and on Ebay it is Debbie12650
 

 
This is an Angel's Trumpet planted in a pot that is to small. Jim started it from a six inch stick a little over a year ago. It needs trans planted badly but I am not a gardener or yard work person So I keep procrastinating. My grandson will be here next week so I will enlist his help with it.

 
Jim never lived to see it bloom. The day he went into the Hospice facility there was one bloom on it but he was not aware of it. Four days later he died and so did that one bloom.

 
The day I took these pictures there were eight blooms! They smell wonderful. Seeing that sight made me smile this morning. What a beautiful gift of hope and light. Thank you God, and thank you Jim. Those blooms remind me that life truly goes on after death.
 
Now back to Quilting.
 

Debbie

 

2 comments:

  1. Debbie, this post brought tears to my eyes. I understand the sentiment in this post so well. My first husband passed away suddenly in May 2007. We had been married 36 years and I still miss him. God was so faithful to give me signs of hope through the grieving. I'm now remarried and learning to be a wife all over again. Every day is a blessing to me. God bless you and keep you. Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your story and with me. Jim's loss is still so fresh for me. I took care of him for three years as he fought the battle with cancer and now I feel so useless. But I do have faith that God has a purpose for me. However, right now I think he wants me to heal. My quilting, decorating my new home and blogging are serving to accomplish some healing. Thanks for reading and responding to my blog. Debbie

    ReplyDelete