Thursday, October 30, 2014

Autumn Table Runner


I have been wanting to try a 10 minute table runner for some time now so when the quilted Thanksgiving runner I was making kept giving me problems I decided to make one.

I went to Joann's Fabric and bought the exact two cuts of fabric  I needed. I didn't make it in 10 minutes, more like 20, but pretty fast project.

 
I used this leaf stitch on my sewing machine to sew down each end were the back fabric folds over the front. The instructions say to use a button but I thought this looks better.
 
Close up of the front fabric


I love this back fabric. I had some last year. Can't remember what I used it in but that is normal. LOL
 

And finally, the latest project. I wanted to join a Quilt Along Jera Brandvig was hosting over at "Quilting In The Rain" but her book Quilt As You Go Made Modern is on back order. So I decided to use some of my Autumn scraps to figure out the blocks on my own by looking at the pictures on her site. So far I am liking it. I hope I have enough scraps to make a table runner.
 
I haven't started another hand quilting project yet but will as soon as I finish the Christmas stockings my daughter asked for and some bowl cozies my sister ordered as Christmas gifts.
 
Until next time, keep quilting and creating.
 
Debbie

 

7 comments:

  1. Such a festive table runner, Debbie! Love that method of finishing the edges by folding over the backing. How clever to use a decorative stitch to quilt those edges! Your QAYG project is looking good, too! Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the fabrics you're using. Cute runner, and any project that takes less than an hour is a quick one for me. :) That block is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love your table runner, Debbie. Perfect for Thanksgiving. xo Laura

      Delete
    2. Thanks Laura. Sorry for late reply. Debbie

      Delete
  4. Very pretty!

    I made one for our table last year, but I am going with a different color scheme this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would like to see this years and last.

    ReplyDelete