Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Blue Skies and Projects

Blue Skies and Projects

 
 
View from front stoop
Sunday was a beautiful day and a great start to the week. Blue skies and the promise of cooler temps to come.

 
I finally finished the border of this baby quilt. If you follow me you know I only had 4 more butterflies to go when I ran out of pearle cotton thread and I had sworn to not go to the fabric store for a month so finishing was delayed. I am big stitching this, my first try at it. I am loving the look.
 

My son is going to lay laminate in my new quilt/guest room for me so we went Sunday afternoon to purchase flooring. He laid out a few to see how it would look. I love it. This is a little darker than the living and dining rooms but I like it. Maybe I can talk him into redoing those two rooms. That flooring was here when I bought this place.

Today is cloudy but a lot cooler, about 75 degrees today, so I am anxious to get my room done so I can start on my Florida room. I want to enjoy sitting in the fresh air before cold weather comes. Yes it does get cold in Central Florida.

Until next time, keep on quilting.

Debbie
 

5 comments:

  1. Lovely colours in your quilt :) What is big stitching?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Used for quilts that get a lot of use. Back in the day they made these to last. Bigger stitches (1/4 inch) and heavier thread, #8 or 12 pearle cotton. Also know as utility stitching.

      Delete
  2. I am as clueless as Serena. I don't know what big stitching is either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Big stitching is known as utility stitching as well. Used for everyday quilts because the stitching went faster and the thread was sturdier. Stitches are 1/4 inch and the thread is pearle cotton # 8 or 12.

      Delete
  3. Debbie, thank you for leaving the nice comment on my blog. It's taken a few days for me to get here; we have so much going right now. The baby quilt is sweet. I like the fabrics you're using, and the quilt's pattern. Having new flooring in your sewing room will be great. How nice of your son to do that for you. It looks very pretty. Have a great weekend. ~ Nancy

    ReplyDelete