Sunday, November 30, 2014

Best Laid Plans and Colds

I was so proud of myself for finishing up some projects that had been put on the back burner while I finished some orders for bowl cozies. I was on a role so I decided to use my new die for my Accuquilt to cut out the fabric for my step-daughters rag quilt while I baked pies on Wednesday. I figured I could get it ready to go, then sew it up on Saturday after Thanksgiving and have it ready to give on Sunday when she comes to visit.
 
 


I had also planned to baste this Christmas quilt top so I would have something to hand quilt while watching Christmas movies.

Well I didn't plan on two people having colds at Thanksgiving dinner so of course by Friday night I was getting a sore throat. On Saturday morning I ached all over and felt very tired. I went back to bed around 10 am and slept until my son called at 1:30 pm. I felt a little better so continued my Cold Ez, liquids and rest. By evening I was aching again so went to bed early.

Sunday morning I awoke several times with scratchy a dry throat. My poodle, Tebow finally couldn't wait any longer and I had to get up. Aches gone, sore throat still present. I spent the day reading and resting but did go out in the late afternoon for Tebow and I's Sunday treat, Dairy Queen.


Tonight will be more rest, Cold Eeze and the rest of my Blizzard. Hope that knocks the rest of it out so I can get my quilting mojo back.

Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment