Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Finishing up

 
 
Today I decided to finish up a few small projects. These stockings were the first on the list. My daughter had requested six matching stockings for her family the week before Christmas 2013. I had all but the cuff put on two of them before I put them away until this year.
 

Well it could have been a fast finish except it took three tries for me to get it sewn on the right side. Why did I keep sewing it on wrong? Who knows.
 
Then I put the backing on my Thanksgiving Table Runner; no binding yet so won't use till next year.
 

 
Last of all I fixed the edges of two bowl cozies.
 


I also was able to sort and store more fabric in the sewing room. On the quilt agenda for the rest of the week,  pin basting the Christmas lap quilt I plan to hand quilt. I need something to hand quilt while relaxing in front of the TV. Maybe big stitch with #8 perle cotton. I also plan to cut the pieces for my step-daughter, Ann's rag quilt.  I promised to make it for her over a year ago when she picked out the fabric. Of course my two granddaughters had also wanted one of their own so I made them right away. After making those two rag quilts I was over rag quilts for awhile. I am cheating this time by cutting Ann's out with my Acuquilt, no clipping and the least favorite part of quilting for me is the cutting.

May those of you who live in the USA have a blessed Thanksgiving.

I enjoy reading your post and strive to respond to all of them so drop me a line, or two, or three. :)

Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment