Saturday, December 27, 2014

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Daytona Beach
 
I had a great Christmas with family. The day was beautiful with partly cloudy skies and temps in the mid to high 60s.
 
Tina cooking breakfast.
 
I started the day at my sister Tina's house. She cooks breakfast every year for the family. We had a smaller group this year than we usually do.
 
Okalea and Mom
 
Mom and sister Okalea were there, along with Okalea's husband Tom, my nephew and his girlfriend, grand nephew, niece and me of course.  
 
Lonnie
 
Later in the day my son Lonnie took me out to Joe's Crab Shack for dinner. The restaurant is located on the Daytona Beach pier. We dined on stuffed shrimp and mahi, mahi tacos out on the pier in the fresh air.
 
Jim and Debbie 1994
 
I finished the day by remembering happy days with my late husband. The lack of his presence is the only thing keeping this from being a perfect Christmas.
 
How was your Christmas?
 
Debbie
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Debbie, my heart just aches for you as I read that last paragraph. I've been right where you are, my dear friend. All the "firsts" that a surviving spouse goes through are so painful. It's so good that you were able to dwell on happy days with your beloved. The photo of you two is beautiful. God bless you, sweet Debbie. Gentle hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank u so much, Nancy. Only another widow can understand. May you have a blessed New Year. Debbie

    ReplyDelete