Sunday, December 14, 2014

Slow Stitching

I have given up on any Christmas stitching and packed it away. I am headed out of town for the next month and I needed something small and portable to take on the plane so I broke out my
Mr. Cottontail and Lady Duck.

 
I started Mr. Cottontail last Spring when my husband was in his last week of Hospice. I finished up the outline of his body and face.

 
Then I moved to filling in the blank space with angled lines.
 

As you can see I just started the lines. My husband died on Good Friday and I put Mr. Cottontail and Lady Duck away.
 
Now I am ready to finish them up. I do not know if I will make a wall hanging or a table topper with them. I figure they will let me know when the time comes.
 
Are you still sewing for Christmas?
 
May you have a relaxing and stress free week.
 
 
Debbie
 

4 comments:

  1. Mr. Cottontail and Lady Duck are sweet. It's nice to have something you can take with you and work on while traveling on a plane. I used to do a lot of cross stitch years ago, and that was nice to do in my easy chair. I've been thinking about embroidery, but that's as far as I go. . ."thinking". LOL I hope you have a wonderful Christmas. xxx ~ Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Mr. Cottontail and Lady Duck. Like you, I always like to have something in my hands to work on.

    Enjoy your month away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Carol. You and hubby enjoy your dinner and holidays too.

    ReplyDelete