Saturday, January 24, 2015

Back to Stitching.

Just realized I haven't posted in three weeks! I have been busy with my mother who has had some serious health issues. She is hard of hearing and the pulmonary doctor has an accent so I go with her to help her understand. Looks like they will be removing 1/3 of her left lung. Waiting on the surgeon to call with appointment so it isn't over yet. Prayers are appreciated.

Now to some quilting.

Haven't done anymore work on Mr. Cottontail and Lady Duck.

 
Remember the Quilt As You Go?
 

Even after buying more fabric I still did not have enough to make it lap size so I added a border. I had an idea to add half blocks to the border but couldn't decide after I did it if I liked it.

Excuse Tebow's nether regions. ;)
 
I asked for opinions on Facebook and the majority said leave them in so I did.
Just finishing it up with binding this weekend.
 
 
When I bought the fabric for the border  I also bought 3 yards of this bicycle fabric. A few people doing Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilt bought bicycle fabric for their backing and so I had to have some. Isn't it cute? Don't know what I will make with it yet but something will come to mind.
And my next project:
This quilt from Jera at Quilting In the Rain. This is the second quilt in her book, Quilt As You Go Made Modern. I love this book and have decided to make every quilt in order of appearance in the book.  These are the fabrics I will be using along with white.
I have cut the batting and the fat quarters. Now to piece it together. Looks like a quick quilt so maybe I will be binding next weekend.
 
Have a blessed Day.
Debbie
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Oh, Debbie! I love the blue fabric you've chosen for the quilt you're doing from Jera's book. I can't wait to see it come together. I really like the blocks you added to the border on the first quilt. They add so much interest. Very neat. The bicycle fabric is fun. It's so good to see what you've been working on and what you have planned. I'm sorry to read about your mom's health issues. She and you are in my prayers. God bless you both. ~ Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blessings to you and your mom. Your projects are all pretty and that bike fabric looks like so much fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Deb. I haven't decided what to make with the bicycle fabric yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun with the quilt-as-you-go! :)

    ReplyDelete