Saturday, February 7, 2015

One Week finish


 My one week finish is now a two to three week finish. LOL.

 
These are the fabrics I picked out, along with solid white, to make a quilt for my son. He just bought his first house and he needs color! Typical man, he decorated in brown and beige. This will be a lap quilt for the living room.
 
I picked a simple pattern and figured it would be ready for binding in a week since it was a QAYG and minimal piecing. Wrong. 
I posted last time that my mother has been dealing with a lung problem since last summer. I won't go into detail but suffice to say things have been hectic and my mom had surgery yesterday, Friday. So I have only been able to work on this quilt maybe 4 days out of 14.
 
 
Here is the beginning of the layout in process.
 
I had to leave for what I thought was a couple hours to go to the hospital in the middle of the layout process and it ended up being an eight hour trip. When I got home I was tired so had to pick it all up so I could go to bed. I do not have a design wall and use my bed to lay out my quilts so up it came. A bad back and knees rules out  the floor. We will see how today goes and hopefully tomorrow the quilt will be ready for binding.
We will see. ;)
 
What are you working on this Saturday afternoon?
 
Debbie
 
 
 


3 comments:

  1. Praying for your mom's recovery, Debbie. Your son's quilt is going to be beautiful. xxx ~ Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about the deleted message... It looked like it was on here twice and I only tried to delete the one, but both disappeared. Praying all is well with you and your mom, Debbie. Your blocks look lovely with that pop of white from the sashing!

      Delete