Sunday, March 15, 2015

Baby Princes

 
Isn't she cute?
This little quilt is a UFO from over a year ago, one of many. The fabrics came from a fat quarter bundle I purchased on Ebay when first learning to piece a quilt. I became a fabric addict very quickly, especially for fat quarters. 
 
I just love her little toe shoes and...
 
 
Princess carriage.
 
I started hand quilting this three weeks ago thinking it would be a quick finish. Then my mom, who has recently been diagnosed with cancer, was hospitalized with pneumonia for four days and I spent several days helping her when she was released. Finally I was able to stay home Friday and Saturday so I did nothing but quilt most of the afternoons and finished yesterday.

 
This afternoon I trimmed and machine sewed the binding to the front. I will spend the rest of my Sunday slow stitching the binding down.

I also was able to finish pin binding my mom's large lap quilt. I will probably machine quilt this one as I want her to be able to use it for her frequent naps.
 

 
I may hand stitch something in the squares. Haven't decided yet.
I bought this top last year off Ebay for less than $20. I checked the corners in the picture and when I received it. As I was pinning I noticed a lot of boo boos in the seams and one tiny cut in the fabric. I hope the quilting will help cover the little cut and imperfections as this mauve and flower material is hard to find these days. The flowers match her old sofa from the 80s that she loved.
 
Hope you are having a relaxing Sunday.
 
 
Debbie
 
I love reading your replies or just stop by and say hello.
 

5 comments:

  1. The first quilt is so whimsical and cheery. Very fun. Your mom's lap quilt is very pretty. I love the roses, Debbie. Praying for your mom and you. xxx ~ Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the prayers Nancy, they are appreciated. Debbie

      Delete
  2. Love your baby princess quilt, that is some really sweet fabric. Prayers out to you and your mom. The lap quilt is so wonderful and I'm certain will give her sweet dreams and much comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Sue. I haven't gotten anything done on the lap quilt since I have had company these last two weeks. Itch'n to get to it though. Thanks for stopping by.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll keep your Mom in my prayers, too. You are a talented quilter! I love lap quilts...they are perfect for our weather! Sweet hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete