Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Cathedral

Cathedral Quilt Begins
 

This is my next quilt. The pattern is called Cathedral and is from Villa Rosa Designs. I chose Masion Bleue fabric collection.


The pattern calls for piecing but I felt it would be a great Quilt As You Go quilt so I gave it a shot.
 

 
I made six of the rectangles, now I have to figure out how to quilt them. Machine or Hand quilting? Squares, swirls, outline, what?  If you have any suggestions, leave them in the comments. I am open.
 
The nice thing about QAG is you quilt each block then put the quilt together and add the backing.  Bind, label and you are done. It can get addicting.
 
 
Remember my mom's quilt? I intended to hand quilt a butterfly in each flowered square and machine quilt the rest with a serpentine stitch but the fabric is to busy. Twice I have had to rip out a row of stitching because the bobbin thread ran out half way through. I finally had to set it aside and start the Cathedral quilt. I will get back to mom's quilt in a day or two.
 
Debbie
 



2 comments:

  1. This is a very interesting pattern. I bet it's going to be a beautiful quilt. I'm the wrong one to give advice on how to quilt this. I always struggle with that aspect of making a quilt. Whatever you do will be wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Nancy for your kind words. I did finally decide to do a stippeling pattern by hand. I will post pictures on my blog soon.

    ReplyDelete