Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Quilting as I go.


The Quilt as You Go project, "Cathedral" is coming along. Most of the blocks are made.


It took me awhile to decide on a quilt pattern but I finally came up with stippling.


I had bought the stencil when I first started to learn free motion machine quilting. Well, I never got the hang of FMQ and the stencil lay in my quilt tools for two years.

I was piecing more blocks and thinking about a quilt pattern when my mind had a duh moment. "The pattern name is Cathedral and the blocks look like windows so why not stipple stitch to make them look like stained glass?"  Perfect, but it is going to take some time. That is ok because the quilt is for me and Winter is far away for us Floridians.



I am still machine quilting my mothers' quilt. 3/4 done then bind.

I received a nice surprise this week. A Hospice volunteer made this bear out of my deceased husbands flannel shirt.


Doesn't he have the sweetest face?




My company has left so I am off to catch up on laundry and housework.



Debbie
 
 
I love reading your replies and respond to all of them. Drop me a line or just say hi.


2 comments:

  1. I think the stippling is a great choice, Debbie. It's going to be a beautiful quilt. The bear is very sweet. What a thoughtful and kind gift. Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your work is fabulous, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete