Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Still Slow Stitching

+
 
I am still slow stitching on my Quilt As You Go project, Cathedral. It is slow going but I am not in a hurry as it is for me and I live in Florida where it doesn't get cold until January.

These particular blocks are taking longer because my marker is blue and doesn't show in the dark blue flowers. So...
 
I am using this tailors chalk, which comes off easily, to mark those areas a little bit at a time.
 
In the mean time I bought this fab modern layer cake called Cosmopolitan by Contempo from Craftsy.
 
 I love the modern look. I couldn't bring myself to undo that pretty bow before using this fabric so I am just giving you a peak of a few corners. Love this stripe...

 And the leaves which come in different colors by the way.
 
 
Some blue tulips...

 
Along with other prints.
 
 
I also scored these cute fabrics at a local thrift store. The red is flannel. Should make cute baby blankets.
 
I finally finished my mothers lap quilt. Now to bind and fix that seam where the pin is located.

I won't ever buy an unfinished quilt top off Ebay again. I only bought it because my mom loved the fabric and I needed to save as much time as I could.

I have also been working on organizing my little home. I moved in August 2014 a few month after my husband died. The grieving process makes it hard to get motivated so the organizing process has been slow. While working on the spare room I ran across a tub of clothes I had outgrow. Thankfully I went through the tub before donating because the two quilt tops (made by my mother-in-law during the 30s and 40s were in that tub.



More UFOs but I am happy I found them before they were lost to the family.

Until next time, I'll be quilting by the sea.

Debbie

5 comments:

  1. Debbie, I'm SO happy for you that you found those quilt tops. It would be so sickening to realize later that they were gone. That Cosmopolitan layer cake is yummy. Ooh, I love that! Can't wait to see what you do with it. I'm sorry you're having to "fix" your mom's quilt top that you bought from ebay. That's frustrating. But it's going to make your mom happy, I'm sure. Blessings ~ Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lucky find. I like your Cathedral blocks a lot - they are such lovely soft-colours and very pretty fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kaja for your kind words. The fabrics are called Maison Blue. I just love their muted colors.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great that you found those quilts. Good luck with the organizing. There is no time limit on grieving a loved one. Slow and easy and one day you will have it all done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deanna, Thank you for the kind thoughts and the reminder about time and grieving.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete