Friday, June 12, 2015

A finish and progress

 I finished my mom's quilt on Saturday and gifted it that evening. She loves it but I was ready to be done with it.




I appliqued six butterflies in random spots to cover all the errors in the quilt top. I purchased it on Ebay. There was nothing I could do to fix the crooked seams and blocks short of taking it apart and I was not about to do that. So my name will not go onto this quilt. 


After this ordeal I needed some instant gratification so I made this super simple table runner for Summer.


It could even be used for Independence day.


I also worked in some landscaping out front where I had 30 year old bushes removed and ...


made another table runner for Independence Day.



All in all it was a very productive week. 


In between all these finishes I also kept up the hand quilting on the cathedral quilt. It is very relaxing to hand quilt. 

Have a blessed weekend my friends.

Debbie



7 comments:

  1. You have been very busy. I like how you finished the ebay quilt for your Mom. Your hibiscus is gorgeous! And the runners are really pretty. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Elaine. I love it when I have several finishes. Makes me feel accomplished. LOL Thanks for stopping by. Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a real busy bee! Awesome!!!
    Your projects are adorable, especially the butterfly!
    Esther
    esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo dot com
    ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Esther for your kind comments. Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your mom's quilt is so pretty! You have been busy indeed; )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your mom's quilt is so pretty! You have been busy indeed; )

    ReplyDelete