Sunday, June 21, 2015

I have had a busy week but managed to get in some machine quilting. I like octagonal table toppers and this nice summery fabric. This one is large, about 20 inches.



I used a You Tube video instead of a pattern for this one

I also made a square table topper and did some free motion quilting for the first time. 


No pattern used, just a simple table topper to add color to your table.


Simple and not to busy. Wanted to show off the fabric which could be used on Independence Day and on into summer.


Sash is in this cute heart fabric. All the fabric used I purchased at garage sales and they are not marked as to designer. 

For slow Sunday Stitching I am working on the Cathedral Quilt. Still!


My stitches are getting smaller. Good thing it is a quilt for me because as I quilt my stitches are changing so they won't be consistent throughout. 


Practice, Practice Practice. 

The table toppers are for sale in my Etsy shop, "Daytona Damsel" if you would like to purchase one. 

Next machine piecing project is a baby quilt using these cute fabrics. 

I am thinking of omitting the flower fabrics so that it will be more gender neutral. What do you think? 

I am planning to use my tumbler die on my Accuquilt, making sure all the balloons are upright. 

Meanwhile, back to slow Sunday quilting. 

Debbie

8 comments:

  1. Your hand quilting looks beautiful! It adds wonderful texture and believe me, no one is going to measure whether the stitches are all the same :)
    I love the selection of fabrics for your next quilt - so fresh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Thanks Kathy for the nice compliment. I only check my stitches to see if I am progressing. If someone doesn't think they are right, I don't worry about it. It is nice to have positive feed back though as it encourages us all when we receive it. Thanks again for stopping by my blog. Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those fabrics for the baby quilt are adorable! It will be fun to see when you get it going. (I say keep the floral fabric, seems girly anyhow to me)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks EmileeHope. I just had to have those ballons and the cherry too. Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. That table topper is so cute ...love the watermelons. When I first start quilting ( any day ) It always takes me awhile to get into the zone...meaning my stitches are always bigger when I start out :)

    I'd leave a few flower fabrics in since it is so bright and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That table topper is so cute ...love the watermelons. When I first start quilting ( any day ) It always takes me awhile to get into the zone...meaning my stitches are always bigger when I start out :)

    I'd leave a few flower fabrics in since it is so bright and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb for the suggestion. I did read one time of a lady who keeps a stack of potholders and mug rugs next to her chair to warm up with. I do wonder what she does with all those potholders though. :) Debbie

      Delete