Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Frogging Done Quilt Not

With the help of my friend Kathi and my Sister Okalea I finally removed all the stitching in Kaila's quilt. Went yesterday to get the batting after some dental work but numbness wore off and I didn't feel like doing anything constructive after that. 

lighting not good on this one. 

This morning I awoke ready to get this quilt done by the weekend so that my daughter could take it back with her to Alabama. So I started cutting using the 6 inch die and manage to cut them out in less than 10 minutes. WooHoo! BUT.......


unbeknown to me the die measures six inches but the actual cut is a five inch block. NOOOOO!

Now what? I am ready to cry. 

Anyone have a suggestion? I cannot afford another Queen size batting at this time. I waited to buy this one until JoAnn's had a coupon. 

And, what am I going to do with all these five inch batting squares? 

Debbie


7 comments:

  1. Give in and wail! The n dig through the staff for some polar fleece and use that! I'm so sorry for the glitch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had bought a queen size roll of batting and this is full size. The left overs and some other leftover batting was enough to replace. Thanks for the suggestion.

      Delete
  2. So disappointing. I hope you have some solution in mind after a night's sleep - maybe work on something else with your hands and maybe your brain will have a bright idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I took your advice Karen. I worked on a hand quilting project last night then slept on it. This morning I took what was left of the batting and some leftovers from another project which was enough to replace the too small batting. I am half way through the quilt now and hope to finish it Friday. Thanks for your suggestions.

      Delete
  3. Thanks Deb. Finally got it redone halfway through. Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad it is all working out!!
    I am not a quilter, but I was attracted your way by your name!! I went to school in Deland and I'm an ordained minister of music. It's nice to "meet" you and read your nice blog. sew on a regular basis, but have NO talent with hand work.....give me drapes or a bedspread any day :^)
    Blessings to you,
    J

    ReplyDelete