Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Kaila's quilt redo and Mom

On my previous post I shared of the resewing of the blocks for my granddaughters quilt. I finished re sewing the X in each block and planned to put the quilt together on Saturday.


Well life got in the way. My mother died Friday morning and my world turned sad and I became numb. 


She never got to use her quilt I made for her. 


She did enjoy seeing it hanging on the chair across from her recliner.


She loved pink, especially pink flowers.

I am leaving Monday morning to go on a Spiritual retreat which allows for a lot of alone time and quiet time. That will be my healing place as I grieve the loss of my mother and continue to heal from the loss of my husband 15 months ago. 

I will try to remember to take pictures of the beautiful retreat location to share with you on my return. 

I will not be able to respond to your posts until I return but please feel free to leave me a brief message. Reading your replies helps with the loneliness I have felt since loosing my husband which is more acute now since I lost mom who I talked with everyday of my life. 

Debbie


9 comments:

  1. Debbie, my heart goes out to you. There are no words, but I am sending you love and light, and prayers for peace.

    Most sincerely,
    Julie @ Pink Doxies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie and blessings to you. Debbie

      Delete
  2. I'm sending you a hug....praying you find peace and healing from this loss. The quilt is so pretty; I'm sure your mom knew it was made with love! Take all the time you need.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Prayers are the best in all situations. I appreciate them. Debbie

      Delete
  3. So sorry to hear of your mother's passing, Debbie. Praying for you. And wishing you the peace that comes from above. Love and Hugs, Lorna.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Lorna. You are a good supportive friend.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Debbie, my heart goes out to you. In this wonderful world of quilting blogland, I hope it brings you some comfort knowing there are like-minded souls who send you their healing thoughts. Glad you are taking time for yourself to try to grieve and find a new normal...Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Debbie, I'm so very sorry to learn of your mother's passing. So much grief for you to bear. You are in my prayers, sweet friend. I know the retreat will be a healing time for you. So glad you're going. Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh dear Debbie I am SO very very sorry. hugs, Deb.

    ReplyDelete