Sunday, September 20, 2015

Cameras and Bowl Cozies

I didn't post last week because #1 my camera decided not to download to my computer. I tried every hour but it kept saying the card wasn't there. Got up the next morning and it worked as always. Gremlins?

The #2 reason is I have been busy learning how to promote and stocking my Etsy Shop, daytonadamsel.etsy.com. Increasing my stock was one of the recommendations. 

Microwave Bowl Cozies are my biggest sellers on Etsy and Ebay, but I do not like making them. They are time consuming and not much profit; in fact if I charged by the hour I am losing money. But, they get people to the shop. I think it is called a loss leader in retail sales. 


I also made some Loralie Mug Rugs...


and some table runners.


Most of the work is done on the sewing machine but I do hand sew the binding down on the table runners and mug rugs. 

So off I go to make more bowl cozies. Have a great week.


Debbie

I Love hearing from you. Please drop a line about this post or just to say Hi.

All the pictured items are available in my Etsy shop, daytonadamsel.etsy.com

6 comments:

  1. These are very cute ; I can see why they sell. I saw your hibiscus...lovely at night though I don't think that mine stay open ...I never paid attention! Now the next one that blooms...I shall have to check it out when it gets dark!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Deb, let me know if yours bloom at night. Mine have stopped blooming at night. Must have been the weather. Thanks for stopping by. Debbie

      Delete
  2. These are very cute ; I can see why they sell. I saw your hibiscus...lovely at night though I don't think that mine stay open ...I never paid attention! Now the next one that blooms...I shall have to check it out when it gets dark!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bowl cozy is an excellent idea! Make a bunch and get it over with for a while! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, got the last three to finish today then on to something else. Debbie

      Delete
  4. Just have to go check out your shop, Debbie! Your bowl cozies and mug rugs are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete