Friday, October 23, 2015

Kayla's quilt finish

Finally after two years of collecting the out of print fabric and several interruptions. My granddaughter, Kayla's quilt is finished. 


The fabric is Paris Flea Market by Three Sisters.
The backing is a white flannel to make it warm and soft.


She loves the Shabby Chic Look and rag quilts.


I used my Accuquilt to cut all the fabric. I made a couple rag quilts before I bought the Accuquilt and let me tell you it is ten times faster with the machine.

Of course a lot of time I saved using the Accuquilt was spent with the seem ripper, because I kept forgetting rag quilts are sewn the opposite of regular quilts.


I think it turned out pretty good and my granddaughter is anxiously waiting for it to arrive. 

That's my finish for the week.

Linking up at Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish it up Friday. 



4 comments:

  1. Give yourself a huge hug-this is a stunning quilt! Can't wait to make mine this winter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love it! I forgot until now...seeing a rag quilt a few years ago I'd wondered how to make one and now I want to put it back on the list. This just looks SO comfy, soft, warm and wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love it! I forgot until now...seeing a rag quilt a few years ago I'd wondered how to make one and now I want to put it back on the list. This just looks SO comfy, soft, warm and wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! Congratulations on a finished quilt. In my book that is a big accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete