Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Scraps and Ribbon

 You know how it is, you find a deal on bags of fabric at a garage sale for one or two dollars. Score! Who can turn it down? Not me. So you go home and tell everyone who will listen about your deal. You post on Facebook so everyone can celebrate with you. Then months go by and you decide to do something with these bags of fabric. Add to all the fabric the fact that your sister sends you two large boxes of ribbon she scored for a dollar, and what do you make? 

Taggy blankets.

Taggy Blanket/Toy

Now I wouldn't call these blankets because the largest I have seen are 12 inches square. I had a stack of small flannel pieces in one bag that didn't coordinate with each other and I didn't have anything that would work either so these were perfect. I used all those pieces of flannel and a negligible amount of ribbon so I am happy. They are now in my Etsy shop.

 I also had a friend send me a large box of Christmas scraps. 


I made this toilet tank topper out of some of the Christmas scraps.



And started this Christmas table runner from a few more. 


I leave for another retreat in Alabama in a few days so no quilting or blogging for a week. They say the temps will be low 50s at night and 60s during the day. That is way to cold for this Florida girl. I will need to buy long pants before I go. 

I hope to have a finish to share on Friday. Until then, have a great day.

Debbie







3 comments:

  1. Your projects are wonderful but you are cracking me up in regards to the weather :) That weather is heaven in my parts : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. May the retreat be refreshing for your soul.
    The scraps are a good find-enjoy the beauty you will create with them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 50's at night and 60's during the day sounds perfect. Dress in layers and have a great time!

    ReplyDelete