Thursday, December 3, 2015

A Month of Hard Work


Wow, I just realized I have not posted for a month. Where has the time gone? I am suppose to be retired but have been chained to my sewing room for a month. 
I have been busy making and selling small quilted items like
Bowl Cozies,



Hot Pads/ Potholders.


and Toilet Tank Toppers/Mini Table Runners.


Most of my items sold on Ebay but a few on Etsy too. 
It still amazes me the number of people who have never heard of Etsy.

The week before Thanksgiving I was down to four bowl cozies so I spent most of my time making those. I am getting low again but I want to make quilts so I plan to go another week without making more. 

I packed all my Christmas fabric away on Thanksgiving morning. I still have a few Christmas Decor Items in the shop and I can also easily pull out the fabric if I get a special order. 

I spent the last few evenings hand quilting my Cathedral Quilt. 

I was afraid I had forgotten how to hand quilt after a month but as my sister said, "When you pick up your needle it will all come back." She was right.

I have about 20+ UFOs I plan to start on soon. I was going to set a goal of one per month but my friend Kathi said that was probably too lofty. So I think I will set the goal of six for the year 2016 and try not to add any more. Some are small projects like table runners so I can always knock those out fast in a pinch. :)

Have a blessed Holiday Season and be safe.

Debbie


Visit my Etsy shop at daytonadamsel.etsy.com 

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty projects here! The bowl cozies are striking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Delighted Hands. And I think your plan to complete 6 projects in 2016 is realistic. They always told us in the corporate world to set "achievable" goals. I think you have. Blessings, Nancy

    ReplyDelete