Sunday, December 27, 2015

Bunny Hoppin

Well 2015 is almost over and 2016 will begin in 5 days. I have never been much for New Years resolutions because I know I won't keep them. But I am setting a goal for 2016. That Goal? Finish at least 10 UFOs. I have 20-30 unfinished projects plus a few quilt kits I haven't started on. I meant to drag the box out today so I could pick 10 to focus on. It didn't happen. Instead I made a bunny. That is why I have a bunch of UFOs I like the creative part the best. 

Here is my process.

First drawing a pattern.

Then cut it out. See anything wrong? I didn't at this point.


Cut out fabric using the paper pattern and a scrap of fabric.
So far so good. 


Now I see it. This doesn't look like a rabbit, the ears are to short. Maybe a fox? Definitely not a rabbit. 


Back to the drawing board, I mean pad.

Much better.



 How about you? Do you make New Year resolutions. 


Check out my Etsy Shop at daytonadamsel.etsy.com 


10 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I love the design process, too, but I go in spurts for both designing and doing! I am going to make a resolution this year, too. I am working on saying it just right and putting it up on the wall in my studio!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute bunny, Debbie. The ears are just right. ;-) I don't make New Year's resolutions. The past two years I have chosen one word to focus on for the following 12 months. 2014 was "create". In 2015 I chose 2 words: Simplify and Beauty. I'm still praying about 2016. I think I know what it is, though. Will share it soon on my blog. Happy New Year, Debbie! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Simplify has been my word for 10 years or more. I think I have achieved it in most areas of my life and home except for my sewing room. It is beyond simple. LOL Yopu have a safe and blessed new year my friend. XO

      Delete
  3. That's a cute bunny you have there :) Nope, no resolutions. To me the fall always feels more like The New Year / just like it did in Back to School Days :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a cute bunny you have there :) Nope, no resolutions. To me the fall always feels more like The New Year / just like it did in Back to School Days :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that I think of it things seem to start anew in the Fall Here in Florida it usually cools off in October which is a welcome relief and makes me want to start getting busy. This year we have not had any Fall so I am still waiting for that new start. HGave a safe new year.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a darling bunny!!!! And all finished!!!! With your creativity, you deserve a pass (or a few) as far as finishing other projects-- so don't get down on yourself!!! As for me, I hope to finish one UFO for every new project I start! P.S. Finish up your "fox" and you'll have two finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a darling bunny!!!! And all finished!!!! With your creativity, you deserve a pass (or a few) as far as finishing other projects-- so don't get down on yourself!!! As for me, I hope to finish one UFO for every new project I start! P.S. Finish up your "fox" and you'll have two finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Here's hopping for a wonderful new year, Debbie! Ooops! That should say hoping, not hopping! Silly Rabbit! Looking forward to seeing what you create in the coming new year. Hoppy, er, I mean, Happy 2016!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute bunny Debbie! I'm a little late but I'm not one for resolutions, too much pressure. ;)

    ReplyDelete