Thursday, December 17, 2015

Valentines Day Prep

It is hard to keep your holidays straight when you craft items to sell on Etsy. Christmas starts in June, Valentines, Passover and Easter in December. 

First up is Valentines Day. 

I had bought two baby quilts at an estate sale that had been well loved, therefore faded and worn. They must have been twin girls because both were the same pink fabric and identical pattern. They were also hand quilted which made them extra special. What to do with them? I am way beyond the having babies age. This is what I came up with:


I liked it so much I cut out another bigger pillow and a smaller pillow from a 10" scrap of heart fabric.


The fabric was left over from a bowl cozy.


I started a table runner for that romantic dinner from a jelly roll and have a couple more ideas before moving on to Easter and Passover.

We have had summer weather, low 80s so my hibiscus has been exploding with flowers.


I wonder what is in store for January, our coldest month? 

Debbie

Visit my Etsy shop for more of my creations. daytonadamsel.etsy.com 




4 comments:

  1. I was in the fabric store and three ladies were talking about fabric bowls to keep their soup warm-it made me think of you! Nice work salvaging the old quit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Debbie! Your hibiscus is gorgeous! Oh, to see something so lovely outside your door this time of year. What a blessing! Your hearts are very sweet. xo ~ Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hearts are so cute! What a lovely idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's a great idea and the hearts look wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete