Thursday, February 11, 2016

Retreats, Colds and Creating


Back from my retreat to the Alabama mountains at Camp Sumatonga. The first thing I do each time after unpacking is to take a picture out the front door of my room. I have the same room each time so it gives me a sense of the changing seasons. 


When I arrived Monday afternoon it was sunny and 70 degrees. A beautiful day indeed.Tuesday was cold and rainy and I had to run between my room and the dining hall/worship building several times. Resulting in a cold/bronchitis. The people coughing on the plane probably helped some too. LOL Note to self: wear a mask on plane next time.

The retreat was a blessing. The first presenter gave us some really good meditations. One has me still wrestling with God. 

Because of the bronchitis I have been exhausted, sleeping and vegetating, which equals nothing accomplished. Yesterday morning I bit the bullet and went to the doctor. After a breathing treatment in her office and some meds I was feeling more energy and desiring to create something so I pulled fabric for some Easter projects. 



That bunny fabric is so cute. I thought I would make an extra long table runner since I had purchased two yards. After ironing and checking several times to make sure (I thought I made sure) not to cut a fold, I ended up cutting it wrong. :O Bummer. 


Exhausted and frustrated I decided to vegetate some more and turned on the TV.

Today is much better and I have been resting so I can hopefully accomplish something tomorrow. My sister is coming and I still have not cleaned off the piles of fabric from the spare bed. 

Has the flu/cold bug bitten you this season? Do you get flu shots each year?

Debbie

I love reading your replies and do my best to respond to them all. 

My items can be seen at daytonadamsel.etsy.com please stop by and let me know what you think 


6 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry you are ill! I think we need to give in to being sick in bed for 5 days but we keep pushing....
    I get the flu shot. You will be feeling better soon I hope!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do get a flu shot every year. This winter has not been kind to me. I've had a cold, a stomach bug, and now fighting another cold (although my pharmacist suggested a zinc/vitamin C supplement that's a lozenge to be used as soon as symptoms start, and I've been sucking on those. This time my cold isn't winning, so that a plus).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute bunny fabric Debbie. Hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very colorful fabrics. Hope you get your energy back soon.

      Delete
  4. Oh here is wishing you a speedy recovery. That fabric is so cute ! I don't get flu shots, no...

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely setting, you are blessed to have that view each time you return. After many winters battling a cold or bronchitis or pneumonia in the colder months, I acceded to my doctor's request and got a flu shot in the fall. Three years of consistent flu shots and I have not even had a cold!

    ReplyDelete