Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Applique?

Hello my friends. It has been a couple weeks since I posted. Picasa shut down so I have been trying to find a free photo edit program that is easy to use. So far haven't found one but I still have a couple more to try.  

As for quilting, I haven't  been very productive since my scrap busting projects. I do have a few new bowl cozies half finished and my sister's runner almost complete but most of this past week and a half I have spent on what I thought in the beginning was an applique door hanging. 

I have two sisters who keep their eyes out for quilt fabric when thrift store shopping. Rita, my sister in Ohio, sent me two door hanging patterns that she thought were cute and were only 25 cents.  


I pulled the fabric on Sunday and


Cut the pieces and set aside for Monday. 
On Monday I realized it was not applique. :( 


I also couldn't find the directions.


I thought, "I can figure this out." Wrong. 
When it came time to join the side and front I was totally confused. No matter how I laid the pieces they were not going together. ARGH!
I searched again for the directions then gave up. 


The next day I was cleaning off my cutting, um dining table and there were the directions. Time for the seam ripper. The pieces are now separated and ready to be pieced properly when my mojo returns. In the meantime...


I haven't been in a fabric store for a month; I am determined to use what I have, but I did need some muslin for an order. I tried, I really did, but I could not resist a little of this sweet bird fabric. 

How about you? Do you have a store you try to avoid because you can't resist their items? 

Debbie


I now have two additional online shops, check them out:

https://www.zibbet.com/daytonadamsel
http://www.artyah.com/Browse?Seller=DaytonaDamsel


5 comments:

  1. I just visited the fabric store...it is a visual and mental delight to be among all the fabrics! I love your little bird fabric; great find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This just cracked me up since I would be doing the same thing...as in losing where I put something / it's a way of life here :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This just cracked me up since I would be doing the same thing...as in losing where I put something / it's a way of life here :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's disappointing to imagine a pattern is to be made one way (with applique) and then learn it's to be made another way, and then lose the pattern! I'm glad you found it. Your house/barn looks great! I'm sure it will come together for you.
    --Nancy. (ndmessier @ aol.com, joyforgrace.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck on your houses! Glad you found the directions. I joke that I can loose things without even putting them down... It may or may not have happened before. ;) :whistles innocently:

    ReplyDelete