Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Hearts of Love




Last week I showed the beginnings of my latest project for myself. 



This week I have made progress. Each heart has been appliqued down in various styles and I have begun giving them each their own personality. 

This one is my first attempt at couching twisted ribbon.


This one I am reviving my hand embroidery skills on. The one in the right hand corner is attached with a blanket stitch using perle cotton black thread in #8 I love daisies so had to add this scrape to the piece. 


Progress to date:


I plan on only doing hand work on this wall hanging so after I get through with embellishing the hearts I will hand quilt the background and finish off the edges with either a border or frame. 

I plan on cleaning and rearranging my studio in preparation for Holiday creating. I also need room for new items when they are complete. Towards that end I am having a 15% off sale in my Etsy store, daytonadamsel.etsy.com, on every thing but sale items.  

Want an additional 5% off go to artyah.com then my gallery DaytonaDamsel, no direct link as of yet, find something you like and message me telling me you saw this blog post and I will give you the 15% plus 5%, a total of 20% on your total purchase. While you are there check out the other galleries and great artist. This is another selling site in its infancy with great customer service. 


Debbie


Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Halloween


We are half way through the year! Where has 2016 gone? The holiday selling season will be here soon and I have just started making seasonal decor for the shop

I did finally get the snowman appliqued on the wall hanging. This is a picture before applique. I was trying to figure out snowman placement.


I need to stay off YouTube and Pinterest. I keep getting inspired to start new things so nothing gets finished. Could be why my UFO box is crammed full. 
This is a picture of an inspiration from Jude at Spirit Cloth.


It is a slow process since I am suppose to let it speak to me as I go. It doesn't talk a lot. LOL

Then I saw instructions for a Halloween candle mat that I thought I could remember how to put together, not. My memory is getting old.  

Here is the result of relying on memory.
Doesn't look to bad from the top but what a mess on the bottom. 


Eyelashes anyone?

I have another one ready to try after I review the instructions. 

Are you thinking about the holidays yet?

Debbie

I now have two shops, 
https://www.daytonadamsel.etsy.com
https://www.zibbet.com/daytonadamsel