Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Hearts of Love




Last week I showed the beginnings of my latest project for myself. 



This week I have made progress. Each heart has been appliqued down in various styles and I have begun giving them each their own personality. 

This one is my first attempt at couching twisted ribbon.


This one I am reviving my hand embroidery skills on. The one in the right hand corner is attached with a blanket stitch using perle cotton black thread in #8 I love daisies so had to add this scrape to the piece. 


Progress to date:


I plan on only doing hand work on this wall hanging so after I get through with embellishing the hearts I will hand quilt the background and finish off the edges with either a border or frame. 

I plan on cleaning and rearranging my studio in preparation for Holiday creating. I also need room for new items when they are complete. Towards that end I am having a 15% off sale in my Etsy store, daytonadamsel.etsy.com, on every thing but sale items.  

Want an additional 5% off go to artyah.com then my gallery DaytonaDamsel, no direct link as of yet, find something you like and message me telling me you saw this blog post and I will give you the 15% plus 5%, a total of 20% on your total purchase. While you are there check out the other galleries and great artist. This is another selling site in its infancy with great customer service. 


Debbie


6 comments:

  1. Wow, nice work on the hand stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look of handmade. So homey!! Will you be making a bed size quilt or a wall hanging?

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty, Debbie. You do good work. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh these are so sweet and pretty! Gorgeous hand work :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Debbie,
    You have given me inspiration to finish a Thanksgiving quilted wall hanging I started over 22 years ago. Now if I can just find it!
    Blessings from Lynda at Still Woods Farmhouse

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your hearts are so unique... each one does seem to have her own personality. Great job.

    ReplyDelete